Erbil Polytechnic University will supervise a workshop under the title “Basic Molecular Biology techniques: From DNA extraction to PCR application” that lasts for four days. Dr. Nzar Ali Ameen Shwan will organize this training course at the Scientific Research Center. This workshop will enable participants to learn the basic molecular techniques required for scientific research to be effective. Participants will experience hands-on training on genomic DNA extraction, electrophoresis, and Polymerase Chain Reaction amplification.
The objective of this training course is to provide participants with the basic knowledge and skills necessary to operate in a molecular biology laboratory.
- Laboratory safety procedures, the use, and proper handling of Lab equipment.
- Genomic DNA Extraction.
- Nucleic Acid quantification and qualification using Spectrophotometer and Electrophoresis gel analysis
- Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) amplification
At the end of the training, participants will:
- Comprehend the principles of Molecular Biology and Genetic research.
- Be able to use some equipment in a molecular biology laboratory.
- Be able to extract genomic DNA using high throughput techniques.
- Be able to quantify DNA and check the purity using spectrometry and electrophoresis.
- Understand the principle of PCR using molecular markers such as RAPD.
Researchers, laboratory supervisors, science lecturers, technicians, and those who require knowledge of molecular biology techniques.
Numbers of seats are limited
Registration fee: 50000 IQD
To register for application to this training course, please click here.