“Basic Molecular Biology techniques: From DNA extraction to PCR application” is a four-day training course that will enable participants to learn the basic molecular techniques required for scientific research to be effective. Participants will experience hands-on training on genomic DNA extraction, electrophoresis, and Polymerase Chain Reaction amplification. Dr. Nizar Ali Amin Shwan, the lecturer at Disease Analysis Department/Erbil Technical Health College, will deliver this training course at the Scientific Research Center, Erbil Technology College Camp. It will start on the 20th of September, 2021, from 09:00 AM to 04:00 PM daily. For registration, please visit this link.
This training course aims to provide participants with the basic knowledge and skills necessary to operate molecular biology laboratory.
- Laboratory safety procedures, the use and proper handling of Lab equipment.
- Genomic DNA Extraction.
- Nucleic Acid quantification and qualification using Spectrophotometer and Electrophoresis gel analysis.
- Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) amplification.
At the end of this training course, participants will:
- Comprehend the principles of Molecular Biology and Genetic research.
- Be able to use some equipment in a molecular biology laboratory.
- Be able to extract genomic DNA using high throughput techniques.
- Be able to quantify DNA and check the purity using spectrometry and electrophoresis.
- Understand the principle of PCR using molecular markers such as RAPD.
Researchers, laboratory supervisors, science lecturers, technicians, and those who require molecular biology techniques.
Note: The number of seats is limited, and the deadline for registration is the 20th of September, 2021.
Registration fee: 50000 IQD