After the successful completion of the second cohort of the Global Solutions Sustainability Challenge Program, the International Office of EPU, in collaboration with the IREX Organization, announces the third cohort for September 2020. This program focuses on cultural exchange, business sustainability and development, and making a difference in the community. Moreover, students will gain workforce skills of entrepreneurial thinking, cross-cultural communication, team collaboration, empathy, critical thinking, creative problem solving, adaptability, and human-centered design thinking. They will also develop solutions for real global challenges and expand access to a professional network,
Along with EPU, eight community colleges in the United States, four universities in Jordan, Sulaimani Polytechnic University, and Anbar University are participating in this years’ challenge. The selected staff will go through the recruitment phase by the International Office then it will be nominated to participate in an extensive two days training program on how to run and guide students who participate in the program.
- The facilitator (applicant) must speak the English language fluently to communicate with partners in the USA.
- The facilitator must be available for at least four hours per week.
- The program will run in the afternoon, mostly between 3-7 pm, because of the time difference between the USA and EPU students’ classes.
- The facilitator must commit to complete the program within ten weeks.
- Once selected, it will be the responsibility of the facilitator to recruit students.
It worth mentioning that the top three finalist teams win a grant to make their prototype a reality. The Global Solutions Sustainability Challenge Program is a virtual exchange in partnership with American students in the USA and Jordanian students in Jordan. The program is supported by Stevens Initiative, sponsored by the US Department of State, administered by Aspen Institute, and implemented by IREX.
The interested applicants must email their CV to [email protected], where they will receive further details about the program.