Brighten your future with EPU
Erbil Polytechnic University
Erbil Polytechnic University was founded in 1993 by the Kurdistan National Council and was opened in 1996 under the name of ‘Foundation of Technical Institutes’. When the Technical colleges were opened, its name was changed to ‘ Foundation of Technical Studies. It later became the Erbil Polytechnic University in 2012, embracing 3 colleges and 8 technical institutes.
– Erbil Polytechnic university is a scientific governmental academy which aims at educating technical qualified people in the various specialties to meet the needs of the society, as a non-profitable centre of education.
– It develops human capacities and resources in technical fields for the graduates of the preparatory schools, and educating technical qualified people in relation to the marketing needs.
– It provides advisory services in all advisory councils.
– It supports scientific research and innovations to reach profession and new ideas on an advanced level.
Research Centres / Research laboratories include:
Biomedical Research Laboratory
Computer Science and Information Technology Research Laboratory
Solar Energy Laboratory.
Erbil polytechnic University in Numbers:
– 19 years of service in higher education.
– 3 Technical Colleges.
– It has 8 Technical Institutes.
– Provides 37 different majors (Specialties).
– EPU provides (32866 ) different majors.
– It has 8474 students enrolled in the 2014-2015 academic year.
– EPU has 387 MA and Ph.D degree holders.
–The University has 1865 Administrative employees (Staff Members).
–The University has 180 employees studying postgraduate studies.
– It provides master degree and diploma
EPU Collges, Institutes and Departments
1.Erbil Technical Engineering
Civil Engineering Techniques, Mechanical and Energy Engineering Techniques, Information System Engineering Techniques, Highway Engineering Techniques
2.Erbil Administration Technical College
Departments: Technical Business Management, Technical Finance and Accountings
3.Erbil Technical health college
Departments: Medical laboratory science, Physiotherapy
- Erbil Medical Institute
Departments: Optometry, Health prevention, Community Health
Midwifery, Medical laboratory instrument techniques
Radiology, Pharmacy, Nursing, Prosthetic, Dental assistant
- Erbil Technology Institute
Departments:Electric/ Power, Surveying, Information Technology
Refrigeration and Air Condition, Mechanic, Communication
Building & Construction, Highway, Automotive Technology
6.Erbil Technical Administration Institute
Departments: Law Administration, Accounting Department
Media, Tourist Guides, Tourism Foundation Administration
Business Administration, Librarianship Information Science
System Information Management
- Koya Technical Institute
Departments: Preventive Health, Low Administration
Tourism Institution Administration, Accounting
Nursing, Business Administration
Radiology, Medical Lab.Technology, Petroleum, Chemical Analysis
- Shaqlawa Technical Institute
Veterinary Department Disease, Analysis Department
Information Technology, Engineering Drawing, Nursing
Statistics and Information, Business Administration, Building Construction, Material Administration
- Soran Technical Institute
Nursing, Medical Laboratory Technology, Midwifery
Prosthetic Limbs, Information Technology, Business Administration
- Khabat Technical Institute
Departments: Plant Protection, Horticulture
Field Crops, Legally Administration, Information Technology
- Choman Technical Institute
Departments: Business Administration, Information Technology (I.T), Customs Administration.